When you have a large family, ensuring that each member gets proper dental care each year can be complicated and time-consuming. The best thing to do is choose one dentist who can treat the whole family. That includes young children and seasoned seniors. Having one dentist will make it much easier for you to keep track of regular checkups for everyone so that your family can maintain a legacy of good dental hygiene and health. You will find a trusted, reliable family dentist with Dr. Stephanie Skopek in Barrington, IL.
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly dental appointments for professional cleanings and checkups. When you have a large family, it’s best to schedule those appointments around the same time and at the same place. Pick months that will likely be most convenient for your schedule and that of your children. For instance, the summertime is usually a good time for kids, and the few weeks before the holidays may also be most convenient. Find an office that has flexible hours to accommodate your schedule, as well.
A family dentist can offer you more than just clean teeth. Besides professional cleanings, here are a few other treatments available:
- Crowns, veneers, inlays, and inlays for restorative and cosmetic improvements.
- Tooth-colored fillings for repairing cavities and restoring diseased tooth structure
- Education on how to care for your teeth and overall health for a lifetime
- Fluoride and other preventative treatments to keep teeth healthy
It is advantageous to have one dentist that you can trust for all of your family's dental needs. Here are a few benefits to think about:
- Your children have a better chance of becoming comfortable with going to the dentist, as they get familiar with one provider over the years.
- In some cases, you can schedule joint or family appointments.
- After just one call, you can get your entire family scheduled for bi-yearly visits.
Dr. Stephanie Skopek in Barrington, IL is a family dentist who is committed to caring for the whole family. Find out why you should choose them to be your “one and only.” Call 847-796-3199 today to schedule an appointment.